Prep time:5 Minutes | Cook time:20 Minutes | Total time:25 Minutes Serve:3 (Servings) | Calories per serving:200 | Fat per serving:2 g Recipe Category: Side Dish | Recipe Cuisine: Popular dish in South Asia
1. Cut two Tomatoes and one Onion. Heat up the pan, add oil and heat it well. Add Red Chilli.
2. Add onion and fry until translucent. Add tomato and sauté until the raw smell goes off. Allow it to cool for sometime.
3. Add the contents in a mixer. Add salt and blend it well to make fine paste. Add water, if needed.
4. Heat up the pan. Add oil and heat it well. Add mustard seeds, after it splatters, add cumin seeds and curry leaves, fry for a minute.
5. Add the tomato paste and stir it well in medium heat.
Transfer it in a bowl. Serve it as a side dish to Idly and Dosa.
#1: This goes well with Dosa, Idly and Roti's. We had with Ragi Roti.
#2: Adding Jeera will help you in digestion.
Tomato Kaaram, a dish made with Tomato. It is a popular side dish in South Asia, which goes well with most of the South Indian Breakfast Items. I like this dish a lot. I am happy to cook it. Do try it out and you are welcome to post the pics here.