1. Heat up the pan well. Add 2 tbsp. of oil and allow it to heat well. Add mustard seeds, after it splatters, add cumin seeds fry it for a minute.
2. Add Ground Nut, Chana dal, Urad dal one by one, fry till it becomes golden brown colour.
3. Add green chillies and curry leaves fry it for a minute.
4. Add turmeric powder, salt to taste, and lemon juice. Stir it for 1 minute.
5. Add the rice mix it well (handle with care) till the masala mix well into the rice.
Garnish with Coriander Leaves. Serve it hot in bowl.
#1: Use Kadai to cook, as it will give you the freedom you require.
#2: I am using cumin seeds as it will help for digestion.
#3: This dish is a quick dish, especially for kids lunch box. Usually, this is made of left over rice, since I did this for the kids, I used freshly cooked rice.
#4: Chana Dal and Ground Nut are optional.
#5: This goes well with deep potato fry. I will soon post a guide.
#6: Ground Nut takes time to cook, while urad dal takes less time than chana dal and ground nut. So fry it wisely.
Lemon Rice, is a popular dish in South India. It is the easiest and tastiest recipe, especially for kids lunch box. Do try it out and you are welcome to post the pics here.